Skip to main content

Two New Tracks From Lontalius | Out This Week



#3

Hello, 

I’ve got some very exciting new stuff to share with you this today! Last night New Zealand’s very own Lontalius released two new beautiful tracks and they are well worth a listen. 

For those of you who might not be familiar with Lontalius, he is a singer/songwriter from New Zealand. His debut album was released in 2016 after he’d signed to Partisan Records in New York and was a melancholy selection of gorgeous subdued tracks filled with echoing guitars and enchanting vocals. Eddie Johnston chose the stage name ‘Lontalius’ - a species of butterfly which can be found in Borneo and the Philippines. 

His music would suit fans of nothing, nowhere and LUND. 

His new tracks ‘I Wanted Him’ and ‘That Includes You’ caught my attention as they are the first we have heard from Lontalius since 2016 apart from the occasional feature on a couple of other tracks. 

This first of the two tracks ‘I Wanted Him’ is a beautiful echoey love song which documents the feeling of loving someone without them knowing and ultimately going home without them. This track is built on a collection of soft synths and beats and is surprisingly more upbeat than your standard Lontalius song but is still paired with melancholy lyrics. Laced with a guitar riff at the end of the track this song would fit perfectly into a scene of heartbreak in some sort of ‘coming of age film’. This track is my favourite of the two and was immediately added to my playlist. 

The next track ‘That Includes You’  fades in right off the back of the previous track and is so seemlessly linked that I thought I was still listening to the same track. This song showcases Lontalius’ ability to write poetic lyrics. “Inseparable can mean two things..” and other just as beautiful lyrics made this track difficult to stop listening to. I really loved the backing vocals on this track and again found this song refreshingly upbeat for a Lontalius track. I also listened to this track while driving in the sunshine and felt it fitted the mood perfectly. It left me wondering WHY WE ARE ALL SLEEPING ON LONTALIUS- HE IS BRILLIANT! 

I highly reccomend these two gorgeous tracks to anyone who doesn’t mind some melancholy beats! 

I’ll link to the tracks and Lontalius collections below.

YouTube | Lontalius
Spotify | Lontalius
New Tracks | Spotify

Eva

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Record Shop Recommendation | Lucky Records Reykjavik

#4 Hello again! Sorry it’s been so long since my last update, things have been incredibly busy recently! Last week I was in Reykjavik in Iceland and whilst I was there I found a wee gem of a record store called Lucky Records. I wanted to share some pictures with you because inside this place there was so much to look at and to listen to. The staff here were incredibly friendly and helpful and some of them are DJs themselves meaning they are 100% up to date with the newest releases. Don’t get me wrong, many parts of this shop sell only Icelandic records which is great if you like Björk, but is generally a bit niche for the average tourist customer. But the variety of music in this store really is endless and they  also sell movies, tapes and posters. I will link their Instagram page below as each day they post the records they are playing over their stereo that day. There is always music from all genres and artists played in the shop and this is, in my opinion, what makes th...
#1  Hi, Welcome to RecordSoup. My personal hope for this blog is for it to become a one stop shop for new music, new bands, gig/festival reviews and open discussion about music. I’ve had the idea for this blog brewing for a long time now and I am excite d to get started.  I think I’ll start with and introduction. My name is Eva, I am 17 and I have an indescribable love for music that I want to share.  Music is one of the most powerful tools this planet currently holds and if I can inspire one person to get as excited about it as I am then my work here will be done. Music can heal those who are broken. It can move those who are cold. It can bring together those who were never friends. It can empower those who want to change the world. It brings hope to those in the darkest of times.  In my opinion there is nothing that music can’t do and I wish to show you this. So welcome. I hope this aural journey is one that excites and inspires everyone who might liste...